Sunday, December 11, 2016

Impacts on Early Emotional Development



The country that I choose to learn more about is Central and Eastern Europe. There was no specific reason why I choose this country. In the past when we were asked to choose a country to learn about, I always did ones that I want to visit. But today I went a different route to explore a country that I do not know much about.
One of the biggest challenges that this country having is the refugee and migrant crisis. Over the years there has be many people going to Central and Eastern Europe in hopes of a better life. Many of them come over without anything (clothes, food, documentation, etc.) “Refugee and migrant children and women, especially those migrating without documentation, are vulnerable to abuse and exploitation”(www.unicef.org, 2016).
These children have nowhere to sleep, not food, and importantly no education. The parents are too worried about where their next meal is going to come form or where weather they are going to live, that education is the last thing on their mind. There are a lot of children living on their own in central and eastern Europe. They probably have not even been introduced to school. More than likely they are not developing school wise but they are learning survival. This kind of living can be hard on children emotionally, because they cannot be a child. They have to grow up before their time.
Personally I hate to see children take the role of an adult at a young age. And I hate to see or hear about children suffering. As a children I always said that I wanted to be rich so that I can help the children in these kinds of situations. And not that I am adult and fully understand situations, I am proud that I am in the filed I am in to help families. I may not be rich enough help hundreds of children overseas, but I can start at home with a few families at a time. 
Reference

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I'm not sure how you are feeling but I was very excited to learn about new regions and the children's lives in such capacity. I know that they experience won't be as grand as actually going to those places. Thank you for sharing your ideas and I totally agree about seeing a child in an adult position. Every part and stage of life should be experienced during those appointed times.

    ReplyDelete